Transcript

Emily Olman: Hey guys, it's Emily here in a commercial office-based and doing a scan, and guess what? When I first came through this area,

It's a long hallway, and the office spaces are basically all pretty similar. The Pro3 was giving me some challenges as I was coming into this space, and I'll tell you what? I was scanning here in the doorway.

Now, we used to be able to get away with scanning in the doorway, not the case anymore.

What you need to do is scan along that hallway perimeter down here, and then you need to actually put the camera further in the office. Now, that is because otherwise, it's just not going to see the door, and it's going to see this here, and that is not distinct enough for the camera to know where it is.

If we go ahead and we do the scan now, then we're going to get the camera to align, and to recognize where it is in space. I've also already done the entire space, so I have a lot more data.

Part of the problem is that when you are in here and you're scanning, and you haven't totally made at least a wire-frame model, or I would say a basic 3D model, you're not going to have everything you need in order for that scan to know where it is, it needs to align to something.

Now, I'm going back through and boom, three in a row are good along that perimeter, and then previously I had none, I had very single of one of these failed. But here they're going just no problem because I'm stepping further into the space. That's my hot tip, and let me know if you have a different method, but the real line feature does totally not work for me, or at least I haven't found it to be as reliable as I want it to be.

Instead I'm having good luck with placing my camera further into the suit. Thanks so much, I hope you found this video helpful, like, subscribe, comment. Let me know what you think, and have a great day.