• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdvicePro3Ricoh Theta Z1

Preparing to buy Pro 3, is the acceleration kit worth it?18393

wildcatdave71 private msg quote post Address this user
Well I think it's time to move up from my theta Z1 to a pro 3. I've done some commercial jobs and the theta Z1 has performed admirably considering.

But the Pro 3 is really what I need for these and I have a couple other big jobs that are likely coming to fruition that would benefit. It will take a little while to recoup the cost but I think it will be worth it and the quality of the work I can provide large commercial projects and will help me get into some jobs I can't currently get. I'll keep the theta Z1 for residential work as it's quick and does a good enough job for real estate stuff.

Looking at the two options for the Pro 3, the $2,000 bump to the acceleration kit seems overpriced in my opinion. A lot of the items I don't need. I've got plenty of carrying cases from all my other cameras and a handful of very good tripods as well. The only thing I really could see myself needing is a second battery and charging base for larger jobs. I'm guessing the base kit at $6,000 the battery just charges while being attached to the unit? And I am of the understanding that you cannot use the unit while charging the battery.

Looking for opinions on those that bought the acceleration kit and if they would just piece out the parts they need separately to save money or they thought it was worth it. Also any input from anyone that's converted from a Z1 to a pro 3. Things to look out for or expect. I understand the scan time will go up quite a bit as it has to spin around. But I will be getting much more detailed data with that and from what I understand much less alignment problems, which will be a big benefit on the big spaces.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
For the warranty it’s worth it. Matterport doesn’t have the greatest track record. Overall you could buy the items for around $500. I guess you could prob get insurance instead of the warranty but when my pro2 went down during warranty, Matterport sent me a new Pro2 before I even send back the broken one. I had a new camera in 2 days

No you cannot scan while the battery is charging.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Philly private msg quote post Address this user
I skipped it and am glad I did. I think the mark ups on those things are insane. Flawless performance thus far, great purchase.
Post 3 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
We skipped it too and bought extra batteries (which took a while to get back then). We rotate the batteries. We never had a problem with a Matterport camera that we didn’t cause ourselves and we’ve purchased several. Check on damage coverage with Adorama. Last time I gave up on Matterport sales and Adorama got the camera to us right away. I wasn’t going to “open a ticket” to get a salesperson from Matterport to call me back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Philly private msg quote post Address this user
ditto to dave - went through B&H and delivery was free and next day for us.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks for the input. I typically don't buy packages that have extended warranties as they as a rule are a scam. Sure you can have something go bad but if you play the numbers game there are complete rip off. The only time I've ever bought a package with a warranty was when I bought my first drone years and years ago as I expected to crash it repeatedly. But as is typical with how I treat my devices I never had a single issue as I was extremely careful. I just have trouble spending $2,000 for a couple backpacks and a battery or two when I can get all that stuff for a few hundred bucks myself.

If the warranty was bumper to bumper for 5 years or something I would go for it but I'm guessing it's only an extension of a year which is a bit too costly
Post 6 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
The extended warranty is 2 years and the only reason I got it is how fast I got a replacement pro2 from Matterport. Hopefully I never have to use it but 1 week without a camera and I loose more than $2000 so it was worth it for me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Use this We Get Around Network (WGAN) affiliate link to buy a Matterport Pro3 Camera via Amazon - WGAN.INFO/Amazon-300 - and receive - free - 12 Months WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@wildcatdave71

Warning: Pro3 "Insurance" Add On via Amazon does NOT Include Commercial Use

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
That's hilarious the add-on insurance does not cover commercial use. Who is buying this thing for non commercial use?!?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
call an insurance broker and find a proper one for a business. I had to do it as it was in my lease agreement but found that most I called just trying to rip me off asking to pay $80-100 per month just to replace a camera worth $8000. Then I called a broker and she found me one that cover it for less than $40/month and I also have additional $20 000 to cover any other business hardware involved. The cover is only for accidental damage and theft but that all I have needed as warranty covers any other fault.
Post 11 IP   flag post
103404 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?