• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHow toTips

Deactivated Model Link...18304

US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
I post my matterport models on my website (landing pages) for clients. When a matterport model has been archived, the place holder for the model reads, "opps, model not available".

Does anyone know (or have any ideas) on whether it's possible to program that differently? I'd prefer it say, "opps, model not available - please contact MY BUSINESS to update your hosting subscription"
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelling
I post my matterport models on my website (landing pages) for clients. When a matterport model has been archived, the place holder for the model reads, "opps, model not available".

Does anyone know (or have any ideas) on whether it's possible to program that differently? I'd prefer it say, "opps, model not available - please contact MY BUSINESS to update your hosting subscription"

to my knowledge, that is not possible.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I would just remove that link altogether, myself. Maybe with API SDK something could get tweaked, maybe another 3D party vendor has ideas.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You can do it with coding on your website and giving a link to your page with the code for embed to your client instead of giving them an actual matterport link with a model id. You will need some kind of database(can be a real database or a text file) where you store a pair of IDs. The first in each pair will be your unique id & the second will be an actual matterport model id. This is needed so your client never figures out an actual matterport ID and do not call for their tour directly. However it is not critical if you going to disable viewing for unpaid hosting.

So your page should do a validation of what matterport link returns. So every time your client is calling your page through iframe with their unique id your page will call my.matterport.com?m=xxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxx is what you get from your database. You can load returned HTML into a variable and parse with JavaScript to look for "opps, model not available" string. If found you can replace the whole string

"opps, model not available" with your text. if "opps, model not available" string is not found it means Matterport is returning you a page with the tour and you can return it to a client.

If it is not paid and "opps, model not available" string you can even return a link to a payment gateway to pay for hosting. Technically you can return back anything you want as long as it is HTML code.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Just an example. Your website is www.mywebsite.com and the page where you do a validation is sitting at

www.mywebsite.com/mymatterport.html. You have created a unique ID for your client tour as ZZZZZZZZZ and an actual Matterport model id for this tour is XXXXXXXXX

Your database file should have this one record, It can have a lot of them for other clients tours but this one will be for a specific tour in the example.

ZZZZZZZZZ XXXXXXXXX

So you give your client embed code

<iframe width='853' height='480' src='www.mywebsite.com/mymatterport.html?m=ZZZZZZZZZ' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='xr-spatial-tracking'></iframe>

mymatterport.html page code should read m parameter and it will be ZZZZZZZZZ, then based on your database it matches with model id XXXXXXXXX. That is matterport model ID you need to use.

So your code in mymatterport.html will be calling https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=XXXXXXXXX after all when you check your database and you put all it returns into a variable. What it is going to be returned is going to be a matterport HTML page with all code and a player to load an actual Matterport tour. If the tour is disabled Matterport will return an HTML page that displays "oops..." message. Since you are saving Matterport response to a specific model ID into a variable you can run JavaScript function on it for strings and see if there is oops message in it. If there is you can write your own HTML page on the fly and return it to client. You can return your own design message, a link to pay, an image or basically anything that can be displayed in HTML.
If you cannot find this string or just "oops" word then the tour is not disabled and you can write back all content stored in your variable. Since with publicly shared tours Matterport will return HTML that contains their own JavaScript code and a Matterport 3D tour player the tour will be displayed.

Actually the same way you can do a lot of things such as

-Collect viewer details before showing a 3D tour
-Make a paywall for a 3d tour.
-Check from where a 3d tour is called and if you do not want it to be shared by others on their websites you can display a message that the tour can only be published by your client on their website and publishing it on "this" website is not allowed.
-disable an access to a tour for specific IPs, countries and regions.
-at least get IP addresses of viewers who wants to view a tour.
Post 5 IP   flag post
103404 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?