• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360How toQuestionsRicoh THETA SC2

Importing new 360 photos from Ricoh THETA SC2 into Matterport tour?18299

Flashcutter private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! So I completed my first home scan and rendering successfully. (Thanks tons of help from you all.)

Now I want to add some exterior 360!shots from a Ricoh SC2.

But I’m not seeing an easy way to ingest the 360s into the space. I looked at 360 views but see no ingest route. Any ideas? Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
You will have to use some sort of 360 hosting service and a Matter Tag
Post 2 IP   flag post
Flashcutter private msg quote post Address this user
But doesn’t it have a 360 native viewer already?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Matterport is a closed system. If those 360 views had been collected on site within the capture app you would have found them in the 360 views area
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
You can pretty easily switch back and forth between supported cameras while on a shoot via settings on your capture device
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't want to confuse or complicate the question or input on topic, but what if you used the Matterport capture app on an Android tablet using the Beta version. You can import any 360-degree pano photos to create a tour. Does that app allow you to import into the 360-photo viewer? I keep thinking this app on Android is underutilized.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This is how I have added external 360's in the past using a Matter Tag and Momento 360

Post 7 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch I totally agree with you and think that is one way to do it after the fact. But after a little research and the last couple of posts off this topic but under the restoration of tour on capture app onto any tablet, if you restore the tour onto a new tablet(the new tablet being a Android tablet using the capture app beta version). Import the 360 view from any source and into the tour, which is addressed under this Matterport Topic. You then reprocess the tour and the photos would be embedded into the tour.

This is another work around if you want it embeded into the tour. More work but very do able.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@ron0987

The Matter Tag workaround was before android was supported but, there usually is more than 1 approach to an problem
Post 9 IP   flag post
fdd private msg quote post Address this user
I dont know if it can be imported to matterport tour.

But if you want to self host your own virtual tour, you can use Panellum open source software to do it.

Just to view the panos in the internet browser and link betweens panos through hotspots, i.e: no measure tools, no 3d dollhouse view tools and so on, just 360 photo browser.

https://github.com/mpetroff/pannellum

Very lightweight. And you only need a common html hosting.

In old machines where matterport run slows (due to all his options and extras), panellum runs fine.
Post 10 IP   flag post
103404 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?