• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Department StoresHow toQuestionsRetail StoresScanningTips

Has anyone ever scanned a department/retail store?18290

US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
I received a request to scan a fairly large department/retail store. I'm curious if anyone has any tips on how to handle all the various aisles of merchandise racks. Should I scan every aisle? ...or should I stay on the exterior wall edges and have the "walk-thru" skip to major points?

I've never tried, but will Matterport still create a fairly good model if I don't have all the interior spaces scanned?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelling
I received a request to scan a fairly large department/retail store. I'm curious if anyone has any tips on how to handle all the various aisles of merchandise racks. Should I scan every aisle? ...or should I stay on the exterior wall edges and have the "walk-thru" skip to major points?

I've never tried, but will Matterport still create a fairly good model if I don't have all the interior spaces scanned?

For a more complete model i'd scan every isle if you can.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I always scan every isle. But it may depend on the purpose of the scan. You didn't tell us the purpose.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not believe it is good idea for a shop to skip any isle or shelf if the purpose of a tour to drive more shoppers to an actual store. So even when a customer asks to update their old tour that has been captured with a dslr and is kind of hot spots jumping type where panos can be 5-10 meters away from each other I will always offer more detailed digital walkthrough with a Matterport.

These two tours are not for big stores but they have been done recently. I have done them in a way any product is visible from a closest scan point.

Newsagency shop was done at the end of 2022 with a Pro2 and the dive shop was done about a month ago with a Pro3. Both have been done for maps tours which have been published already.

Post 4 IP   flag post
103404 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?