• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppProblemsQuestionsReal EstateScanning

Can I do a Matterport scan of 1 of 2 floors, use; add 2nd floor in a month?18288

Flashcutter private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

Suppose I've completed a scan of the upper level of a home, but an unable to access the lower level of the home as it's being rented and I cannot gain access until a later date. Is there a way I can have the top level uploaded to Matterport for rendering and then add the lower level at another date? Thanks!

Jonathan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashcutter
Hello!

Suppose I've completed a scan of the upper level of a home, but an unable to access the lower level of the home as it's being rented and I cannot gain access until a later date. Is there a way I can have the top level uploaded to Matterport for rendering and then add the lower level at another date? Thanks!

Jonathan

If you keep the data on your device and pick up where you left off you should be able to add to it just fine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Flashcutter The only thing I would add to the workflow is I make copy of model on Ipad or tablet that you are using, but continue on the original model where you left off.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Buster6070 private msg quote post Address this user
Even if you can't keep the data on the original device, or you end up scanning the lower lever with a different device, you can now restore it from Matterport servers. See the post below for details. I can confirm it's worked for me. I will say that I had to uninstall the app and reinstall though to get my previous scans to show up.

Matterport Cloud Restore is Here!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
sure you can. I am doing a large hotel now for event space that is still renovating some of them that also need to be captured. The whole project is 3.5 days and is being spread over 5 months. I have one full day left to finish but it will be my 3rd visit when I add ready spaces to an existing model.
And the same way I have captured racing club event spaces, actually two clubs that are close and belong to one business. This was a huge project with me visiting them at least 8-10 times and sometimes I would need to add some new spaces to a job I started a week or 2 weeks ago.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Flashcutter private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all. This is my first scan. I started to upload to Matterport yesterday (maybe 90 scans) but the upload never completed. My iPad only showed 3% uploaded. Any ideas of what to do? I was doing this through the internet Wi-Fi network at home. Is there any way to go directly from iPad to computer to upload to mayterport? Thanks you again.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have replied to your problem in the thread Dan has created from your last post here. Check it. I do not think you are affected by the same but at least you will know that after running a bit of diagnostic. I have also written a note on the problem that probably has been experienced by many of us and it is related to uploading process.
Post 7 IP   flag post
103404 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?