• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ARAugmented RealityCAPTUR3DVirtual Staging

Any AR virtual staging solutions to recommend?18264

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys.

Does anyone know of a Augmented Reality virtual staging platform / solution?

I am thinking the app would need a rough underlying 3d scan of the space, so
that it can 'recognise' where it is (similar to INDOAR / VIEWAR's solutions)
by comparing its 3d file with what the camera sees.

Am looking for something more robust than just some furniture. its more like an
entire empty office floor, to be seen dressed up with interior design in AR.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@aerialpixels there are a lot of solutions like that out there.

But you won't be able to use Matterport for that, let me explain you can only use empty Matterport scanned spaces. And then you are again limited to what you can virtually stage in it. So that is why Virtual staging is not a very big hit with Matterport as you can edit the spaces, well I know of some MSP that has cracked the MP backed and can do some interesting with it. But this is why Matterport is slowly becoming more irrelevant in this space. Also, some of the guys are charging per asset virtually staged, so it gets too pricy also the loading of the assets is rubbish and slow not a very good UX experience never mind calling it a metaverse solution as Matterport can never be that, and people claiming that does not know what the metaverse is been consulting with a company that has 12 years Metverse real experience and data, not like all these companies popping up on Linkedin claiming to be Metverse experts but their company is only two years old, they are a joke in this industry and people dealing with them are really not the brightest out there.

Just do some research and you will find amazing solutions that Mattreport will never be able to compete with, and this that will blow your mind. I am testing a solution currently and I ma under NDNA so I can't share anything I am sorry.

And with the new Apple launch on the horizon, AR will be more dominant than VR, ad Web 3.0 gents don't waste your time on that also. The data shows that there is only a 1% adoption rate for this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @aerialpixels

You can definitely use Matterport for this - with the use of CAPTUR3D.

CAPTUR3D has Augmented Reality activation software called ARConnect. Simply integrate your Matterport URL into CAPTUR3D, virtually stage your property in the Captur3d Creator Studio, and then activate it with the ARConnect app.

CAPTUR3D is currently partnered with Sketchfab - allowing you access to close to 1 million virtaul staging assets.

The whole workflow for this is just a one time fee of only $7USD until we are out of BETA.

In fact, if you haven't signed up to CAPTUR3D before, you can use this special WGAN link to get $90 worth of credits to use across the platform - including for ARConnect. Click here to sign up and get your models AR activated

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Just based on what I see with VRPM examples and what Captur3d can do the last is done in a 3D space too as you can even see virtual staging in both 3d dollhouse and 360 photos. With VRPM though virtual staging is shown only in 360s and a 3d dollhouse is shown as empty.

Plus Captur3d virtual staging is DIY and applied to all scan points while VRPM more likely to reduce amount of 360 shown or you will pay more for staging all 360s.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@AlexHitchcock

Thanks for the info.
I saw the intro videos etc. Do you think it will work well with an empty office floor about 2400sqm?
its bare , just carpet on the floor, pretty much column free space.

Or any workarounds you can share, if these type of barebones spaces dont play well with ARConnect
Post 5 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @aerialpixels

We've never had any issues with office spaces, but I would need to see the specific space to say yes or no really. The main thing is ensuring there are set structures that you can add 'alignment points' to in the digital model, to match up in the real life space for asset accuracy. It also depends on the hardware device used, and the number of assets placed in the space to ensure performance is maximised.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@AlexHitchcock

I sent you a private message.
Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
103404 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?