• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3Pro3 ProblemsQuestions

Pro3: Anyone experiencing Dollhouse view mesh quality issues with PRO3?18085

lifestyle72 private msg quote post Address this user
I recently starting using my new pro3 and after rendering a few models, I noticed that the Dollhouse view just didn't look as good as I am used to. It seems that as you zoom in and out of the model, the quality changes.

It looks great zoomed all the way in but from a normal viewing point (where my clients would typically view it from) the model details look kind of blurry and out of focus.

I have a couple sample below, one with the pro3 and the other with Theta Z1.

The Theta quality does not change depending on if you zoom or not and it looks like a cleaner model zoomed out. I have tried different devices to capture the model and upload (IOS and Android) and nothing seemed to help the Pro3.

Anyone else noticed this or have any advice?

Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I have the same impression.

I think the reason for the change in quality is due to the new cloud technology. Matterport is now streaming the 3D data.

In the old cloud the dollhouse data is limited to a package of 50.000 polygons, which are downloaded as a package.

Here is the corresponding article:

..."Where interactive mesh previously had a 50k polygon limit, it is now unlimited and the mesh for large spaces can easily exceed one million polygons. New digital twins are now streamed on demand as the user moves through a space, available on mobile and web platforms for all users for faster load times, quicker frame rates, and much more detail without compromising performance."...
Post 2 IP   flag post
lifestyle72 private msg quote post Address this user
So are the models that I upload from the Theta Z1 using the old cloud and the models from the Pro3 going to the new cloud? I was just wondering if it was because of the new streaming of 3D data then why wouldn't I have the same issue with the Theta?
Post 3 IP   flag post
103404 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?