• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PPV

After 5 years, still not possible to put your work behind a paywall?17737

RoyBatty private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, i got a pro2 and scan bunkers and other interesting things from ww2 (in norway). I have been looking for a solution where you can put mine work behind a paywall without the url being public. I have searched high and low, but not found anything. perhaps there are someone here that knows more of this topic?
I see there where a simular question. below is answered by mori.. and its 5 years old.

" by tocha "Has anyone ever put a showcase or tour behind a paywall? I have a client wanting to do a tour of an historic building and then charge online visitors. Is this possible and has it been done by anyone here?"

A: mori"@MeshImages - look forward to your solution as from my POV without a SDK this is not possible as MP only allows public or not and also has not IP protections to embed a URL like e.g. Vimeo Pro offers."

so has nothing has happened for 5 years?
Roy
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@RoyBatty

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

While this paywall solution for Matterport is no longer available, the developer may be willing by to license or sell the code:

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/11974/page/1/transcript-wgan-tv-how-to-make-money-with-homeplan-pay-per-view-service/

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DanSmigrod

This Matterport Authorized Partner seeks Matterport related development work:

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17343/page/1/transcript-transform-your-retail-experiences-in-matterport-powered-by-l2/

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@RoyBatty

Here is a recent, related WGAN Forum discussion.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17709/page/1/embed-matterport-tour-switch-off-all-sharing/

Dan

Any of this helpful?
Post 4 IP   flag post
RoyBatty private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @DanSmigrod. Its an honor to receive a answer from you. i have seen a lot of your work and impress with this site.
I have seen this video and i guess i have to conclude that this might not be possible right now. i dont have the know-how to codes and definitely not the resources. But thanks for your time. best regards, Roy
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@RoyBatty

Thanks for your kind note.

Perhaps others will know of a solution or a Matterport Partner will develop and offer this solution.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@RoyBatty

This was just posted to this WGAN Forum discussion:

Embed Matterport Tour: switch off all sharing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fathom3D
This sounds like a job for the Private Model Embed API:

Matterport Blog (6 October 2022) Showcase Private Digital Twins in Your Portals for Workflow Efficiency
Private Model Embed (PME) is our new API-based solution that gives the ability to showcase your Matterport capture within your enterprise solutions without making it public

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fathom3D
Looks like it's a fairly new feature, just announced a few weeks ago. Maybe someone with development experience will chime in with some insights.

Does that help?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@RoyBatty
I have built a no-code workaround with MPskin, that could work for paywall content in a similar way - especially in combination with the private model embed sdk (but not necessarily).

The Matterport tour is password protected - MPSkin has the password and opens the tour. The teaser model is created as a copy in MPSkin. Those who would like to view the entire 3D tour (original tour in MPSkin) are asked to fill in the online form. Immediately after sending the contact details, the interested party is receiving an email with the tour link. (It works, you can try it in the demo). Instead of the online form with contact data you could embed a payment form and send the link after payment.
Post 8 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

thanks for sharing the link
https://matterport.com/blog/showcase-private-digital-twins-your-portals-workflow-efficiency

wow... u need to be on Enterprise subscription plan to access this API

its like in another thread discussion abt the pro3 and new plans.
If only matterport opens up these added features as a pay per use, and note tier them under a whole higher tier and make it inaccessible to older / 'lesser' users.
Post 9 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@aerialpixels

It’s always the same with Matterport. They have a prohibitive business model. As an independent user you cannot “build and then demo and sell” anymore. You have to be on a 10.000 USD annual plan to get access to these features.

But Matterport is not successful with this business model and you can see it everyday on the stock price. They don’t listen to their customers. On top comes the reported quality issues with the new 6000 USD Pro3 Laser camera.

Sometimes this makes me think if I should really invest so much of my time and my thoughts into this platform. It’s much easier to build a paywall around self hosted solutions like 3DVista.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Is this an option?

Matterport Powers Asia’s Largest Virtual Art Exhibition Platform, ARTOGO

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
103406 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?