Where 3D Capture and Real Estate Media Pros
Learn What’s Working and Find Their Next Job
What a shoot actually costs you
Giraffe360 Gaussian Splats
Last 24 Hours: 331 Unique Visitors
9,539 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 13,728 Page Views | 9,900 Unique Visitors | 14 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Chief Photographer, Videographer or Scanner?1160

WGAN Forum
Founder and
Advisor
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I am thinking about changing my title to Chief Videographer from Chief Photographer because our clients think of the Matterport 3D Showcase tour as a video – an interactive video.

Seems like "interactive video" is better than being categorized as "virtual tour" ...

While the camera is taking still photos, the result IS an interactive video.

I noticed that many of you call yourself "Photographer" or "Chief Photographer" too.

Should I – we – change our title to "Videographer" or "Chief Videographer" or "Chief Scanner" or "Chief Interactive Videographer"?

Anyone got an opinion on this topic?

Best,

Dan
"Chief of Confusion"
Post 1 • IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I avoid both "virtual tour" and "video" at all costs. This product is unique and I want to present it that way.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It's a hard product to describe or label the operator
Since it combines panoramic shots with scanned data, how about an interactive Virtual scanographer operating technician
Post 3 • IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder and
Advisor
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie 1 character too long to fit on my business card.

@Jamie @JohnBecker what title do you use and why?

Dan
Post 4 • IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder and
Advisor
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan why haha. Sounds like a great idea!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder and
Advisor
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan

750 people viewed MUG Forum posts in the last 24 hours.

I guess we need to do better than Danographer

How about Stevenographer?

Dan
Chief Stevenographer
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
If someone asks what I do, I generally say real estate marketer as it better explains what I do with all of the products.
If you only use matterport, it's hard to use that term in a description as 99.5% of the general public have no idea what a matterport is. So from there you need to use a term more widely known, or you risk confusion.
I think real estate photographer, which essentially what you are. At least 99.5% of people know what that is
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hahahah Steve, that sounds like you hate matterport
Post 8 • IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
My main thing is real estate photography, so I just have "Owner/Photographer" on my business cards. The title is inconsequential.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHattan
ahhahahaa....right.

How about VIRTographer for VIRTual?

Steve Hattan
Perfect View 3d
Professional Virtographer



Change that to Virtuographer and you may be on to something
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Vizocube private msg quote post Address this user
Chief Morpheus
you want the Red pill or the Blue pill... Oracle Dan please load 3D Showcase program
Post 11 • IP   flag post
108362 14 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?